Alright, alright, you know that cannabis is legal in Washington DC, but thanks to a rider added to a budget by those dickheads in Congress, there’s nowhere you can just walk in and buy weed like Colorado or Washington state or California or Alaska or Oregon or…geez. So just how does one get weed in DC? There’s plenty of options, boss! Enter the Gentleman, at your service. I write Reviews of the marijuana people are gifting under Initiative 71! And I keep you informed about gifts you can find right meow under the Now Available tag. FYI, you do NOT need to be a resident to receive gifts a la ganja or go to the events. Oh! If you’re interested, you can read the full text of the law here. I also aggregate local News regarding legalization for DC, Maryland, and Virginia. Want to know what’s going on with cannabis where you live? I break it down for ya like cardboard, baby! Subscribe to my newsletter for weekly updates right to your inbox (and the occasional giveaway!)
DELIVERY & PICK-UP
Ok, so some of my favorite folks are the delivery and pick-up/meet-up brands. Say, do you mind if I Leverage LARP for this part? Yay!
- Canamelo: The Platinum Dream Job | Website
- DC Monumental: The Lucid Blue Job | Website
- DC TeaPad: The AK-47 Job | Website
- PuffPuffDC : The Alien OG Job | Website
- Trending Leafs : The Forbidden Fruit Job | Website
- Green Label Grinders: The Big Bud Job | Website
- DC Green Kings: The T.I.T.S. X Job | Website
- LOCAL’d: The Blue Knight Job | Website
- Hidden Leaf DC: The Grandma’s Cookies Job | Website
- Joint Delivery Co: The Dark Fruit Job | Website
- Dope City Supreme: The Platinum Gelato Job | Website
- Pink Rabbit Collective: The Berry Bomb Job | Website
- Bagged Buds: The Sunset Sherbet Job | Website
- Da DoGooders: The FaceOff OG Job | Website
- Clowd9-Online: The Ghost OG Job | Website
- Illuminate DC: The Headband Job | Website
The idea behind Initiative 71 brands is to sell something else and give the ganja as a free gift (NOTE- I don’t give legal advice). Just pick a place they can deliver to you, like your hotel or a cafe, but plan on cooling your heels for an hour or two. Some have convenient appointment-setting features (Canamelo), but if pick-up is more convenient for you, there’s several options to choose from (DC Monumental, PuffPuffDC, Green Label Grinders, Dope City Supreme, and that list is growing). Some accept credit cards, which is awesome- I love earning airline miles for smoking weed. I’ve seen a few that take cryptocurrency now, too. Want more? Just click on the Delivery or Pick-Up tags.
Residents of Maryland and DC both have medical marijuana programs and your Gentleman, naturally, writes reviews for both! Here’s just a smidgen of the goodies available at your friendly, neighborhood dispensary in:
- Rythm Lemonhead OG Vape Cartridge
- Temescal Wellness Blueberry Cereal Flowers
- Curaleaf Sweet Kush CO2 Oil
- Verano G6 Swift Lifts Joints
- AFS Ghost OG Shatter
- Dixie Elixir Lemon Tea
- Liberty High Terp Crystallite
- Curio Wellness Black Dog Flowers
- Prime Extracts Cherry Cream Pie Shatter
- Which DC Dispensary Do I Choose?
- Abatin Wellness Sour Grapes
- Liberty Merry ‘n’ Berry
- Alternative Solutions Rosin
- Abatin Wellness Vape Cartridge
- Phyto Pineberry Punch Vape Cartridge
Want more info on getting your medical marijuana card in DC or Maryland? Why, I’ve got a page just for you, my fine friend, step right this way. More reviews? Indubitably, young lady, right here under the Medical tag.
MARIJUANA POP-UP EVENTS
The Gentleman has partnered with 420dc.com to help you find our local gatherings of the cannabis community. PLEASE BE ADVISED there is a Social Use Ban in place and the raids that started 12/23/17 as I first reported here have continued- check out this in-depth article from WAMU. You might have to pay for a ticket but get some free weed gift like a prerolled joint when you get in. If you want more, just talk to the table vendors. Some of my favorite brands are Butter Nugg Cookies, Silly Bees, Acure by Design Plus, District Connoisseurs, & Phone Homie. If you want to see more event brand reviews, check out the Event tag. Here’s a guide I wrote about what you can expect at these shindigs.
Until DC finds a way to allow and regulate recreational sales, you can also get connected to the local cannabis community through social media to find folks donating whatever you’re looking for- seeds, clones, flower, oil, RSO, you name it. Ganjapreneurs looking to capitalize on the opportunity presented by the situation in DC are prominent on Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Mass Roots. Some of these platforms allow for private messaging, but you need to be prepared to reveal yourself online for this to work- I doubt anyone is going to serve a fictitious account you make to protect your identity with a cartoon avatar and three shared memes. HighThere! is another app you can use to meet folks, but without any review system (since it’s ostensibly a dating app), it’s about as sketchy as Craigslist.
GROW YOUR OWN
If you consume a lot of cannabis, growing your own is definitely a consideration. If you do choose to grow, then you should definitely check out DC Seed Exchange to get your garden started. Here’s the rules on growing your own at home.